Tomato Bread Salad with Olives and Mint
This boldly flavored salad pairs well with Buttermilk and Herb Marinated Chicken.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2008
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and each cut into 10 wedges
- 1 hoagie roll, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bread, olives, lemon juice, oil, and mint. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Let stand at least 5 minutes (or up to 30 minutes) before serving.