Butter Beans with Mint
Mint and lemon zest add a bright note to this simple side dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- 1 can (15 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained (2 cups)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, leaves torn if large
- 1 tablespoon minced red Fresno chile or jalapeno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Toss together beans, onion, oil, mint, chile, and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 20 minutes. Divide prosciutto among plates, and spoon bean mixture on top.