Under 30 Minutes
Mango Chicken Salad
To shred roasted chicken, remove the meat from the bone, then pull it apart into thin pieces with two forks or your fingers.
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Major Grey's mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cooked chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds), shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 ounces baby spinach
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes; cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, chutney, mustard, turmeric, and cayenne; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and mango; toss. Serve on spinach, sprinkled with toasted coconut.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2005