Nothing pleases party guests like a hot artichoke dip. We upgraded our recipe by adding extra veggies and subtracting the extra fat so you can scoop up this indulgence guilt-free.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, minced, plus more for garnish
- Crudites (such as raw pepper wedges) or whole-wheat pita chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, place half the artichokes, the mayonnaise, 1 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic. Process until smooth.
Add scallion and remaining artichokes; pulse once to combine. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining tablespoon Parmesan.
Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with scallion, and serve with crudites or pita chips.