Upgrade: Add some extra veggies, subtract the extra fat, and scoop up this guilt-free indulgence.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, minced, plus more for garnish
- Crudites (such as raw pepper wedges) or whole-wheat pita chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, place half the artichokes, the mayonnaise, cup Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic. Process until smooth.
Add scallion and remaining artichokes; pulse once to combine. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining tablespoon Parmesan.
Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with scallion, and serve with crudites or pita chips.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2007