Spread this relish on toasts topped with goat cheese or chicken, stir into yogurt or cottage cheese, spoon over roast chicken or pork, or layer on turkey sandwiches. Relish can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried (two 1/2-pint containers)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, combine blueberries, grapes, sugar, ginger, rosemary, and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer gently until grapes begin to break down, 15 to 20 minutes
Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let cool completely before using or storing.