Spread this relish on toasts topped with goat cheese, stir into yogurt or cottage cheese, or spoon over roast chicken or pork.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried (two 1/2-pint containers)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, combine blueberries, grapes, sugar, ginger, rosemary, and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer gently until grapes begin to break down, 15 to 20 minutes
Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let cool completely before using or storing.