Tuna Salad Nicoise
This classic salad relies on best-quality canned or jarred tuna in olive oil and our Lemon Vinaigrette to give it layers of flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2007
- 1 1/2 pounds small red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 bunches arugula (4 to 6 ounces each), ends trimmed, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes on sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes to potatoes on baking sheet; toss. Cook until potatoes are tender and tomatoes are lightly browned and soft, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss arugula with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Arrange roasted vegetables, arugula, tuna, and olives on platter; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve.