Tomatoes with Ginger, Lemon, and Chile
This easy summer tomato salad will please lovers of spicy food. The zesty flavors of fresh ginger, jalapeno or serrano chile, and lemon pair well with Asian or Mexican dishes. This salad is also good with pasta or grilled mahimahi.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Zest from 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, jalapeno or serrano chile, ginger, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2010