Shrimp with Couscous
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, March 2004
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Toss shrimp with salt and pepper. Saute, tossing, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove.
Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan; stir in mustard seeds. Cook until seeds begin to pop, about 30 seconds. Add leeks, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in couscous, peas, and 2 cups boiling water; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Add shrimp; stir gently.