Iceberg Wedges with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
These delicious iceberg wedges with buttermilk blue cheese dressing make a tasy side salad.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot, (about 1 shallot)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled domestic blue cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core trimmed, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cup halved grapes or small cherry tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallot, chives, lemon juice, coarse salt, pepper, and celery salt in a small bowl. Fold in blue cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
Place each wedge of lettuce on an individual plate. Drizzle each wedge with dressing and garnish with tomatoes, if desired.