Pepper Pasta Quick Cook
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and cut into very thin slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and cut into very thin slices
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and cut into very thin slices
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch red-pepper flakes
- 10 basil leaves, well washed and dried, coarsely torn
- Pepper Pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in shallot, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add peppers, salt, pepper, and red-pepper flakes, and cook, stirring until soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in half of the basil.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain, and add to the pan with peppers. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Transfer to serving platter. If desired, remove garlic, and discard. Garnish with remaining basil and Parmesan. Serve immediately.