Sauteed Black Olives with Tomatoes
For the Seasoning
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nicoise or Kalamata olives
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Rinse and drain olives; you can pit them or not, whichever you prefer. Combine tomatoes and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, add garlic, and cook over medium-low heat until just starting to brown, 2 to 5 minutes.
Add olives and thyme. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook over medium heat until juices thicken a bit and flavors are combined, 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Just before serving, stir in the parsley.