- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Best-quality honey, for drizzling
- Sea salt, preferably fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange puff pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Trim edges if needed to form a 10-inch square, and fold each edge in to form a 1-inch crust. Prick middle of dough all over with a fork. Brush edges with egg wash, and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Transfer baking sheet to oven, and bake until pastry is puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and cover center evenly with chocolate. Drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with salt. Return to oven, and bake until chocolate melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds, and cut into 4 squares. Serve with ice cream if desired, and drizzle with more honey.