Frozen Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana Loaf
- Total Time:
- Servings: 16
Source: Everyday Food, April 2005
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray and waxed paper, for loaf pan
Coat an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; line with waxed paper, leaving overhang on both long sides. Set aside.
Melt chocolate; cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree bananas until smooth.
Stir peanut butter into cooled chocolate until combined, then stir in banana puree. Gently fold in whipped cream until combined. Pour into prepared pan; top with peanuts. Fold waxed paper over top; wrap tightly in plastic. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
To serve: Remove loaf from pan (run a hot towel across sides and bottom of pan, if necessary). Slice about 1/2 inch thick, as needed.