Under 30 Minutes
Snapper with Succotash
Steaming mild-tasting red-snapper fillets over a bed of seasoned corn and lima beans adds flavor to the fish in this one-pan dish.
- 4 skinless red-snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt
- 3 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup water
Place 4 red-snapper fillets, skinned sides up, on a work surface. Season with coarse salt; sprinkle with scallions and fresh thyme leaves. Divide 2 teaspoons unsalted butter among bottom halves of fillets; fold over top halves.
In a 12-inch skillet, combine corn and lima beans with fresh thyme; season with salt. Add water; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place fish on top. Cover; steam until fish is opaque and vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with more thyme.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2004