Under 30 Minutes
Roasted Halibut and Zucchini With Butter Sauce
With this recipe, you make the main dish and the side dish all in one pan. For the butter sauce, an equal amount of water can be substituted for the dry white wine. The butter sauce will keep for no more than thirty minutes. If not serving immediately, place in a warm spot.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless halibut fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound zucchini, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into 8 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Pat halibut dry; rub with 1 teaspoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets several inches apart on a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
In a small bowl, toss zucchini with remaining teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange zucchini around fish on sheet. Roast in oven, rotating sheet once, until zucchini is cooked through and fish flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes.
While fish roasts, combine onion, vinegar, wine, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low; whisk in butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, letting each addition melt before adding next. Stir in parsley; season sauce with pepper. Spoon butter sauce over halibut and zucchini; serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2003