All-Purpose Spice Rub
- Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups (enough to season 5 to 10 pounds of meat, poultry, or seafood)
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 1/3 cup coarse salt
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients, using your hands to break up the sugar.
Store in an airtight container, away from heat and light, up to 6 months.