Under 30 Minutes
If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface to prevent discoloration; refrigerate up to two hours.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1 serrano chile, minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (below)
- Coarse salt
To prepare mango: Hold mango with a paper towel (to avoid slippage). Using a vegetable peeler, remove skin and discard.
With a knife, slice off wide, flat part of fruit on both sides of pit. Trim flesh from pit (discard pit).
Place parts cut side down; slice in half horizontally. Cut crosswise into thin strips; cut strips lengthwise into pieces.
To make guacamole: In a medium bowl, combine avocados, mango, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and serrano chile; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold gently, leaving texture chunky.