Cornmeal Raisin Muffins
This delicious muffin recipe is courtesy of Martha Stewart Living, May 2000.
- DRY INGREDIENTS FOR BAG:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- WHEN MAKING MUFFINS, ADD:
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted, plus more for muffin tin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a resealable plastic bag, and set aside until ready to prepare muffins.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a muffin tin, and set aside.
Place the dry-ingredient mixture in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter. Stir to combine; mixture should be lumpy.
Spoon mixture evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2007