Chocolate Pate Sucree
Use this recipe to make our Chocolate-Caramel Cream Pie.
- Yield: Makes one 9-inch crust
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2008
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pulse flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add yolks and vanilla, and process until mixture just begins to hold together (no longer than 30 seconds).
Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).