Flag Berry Tarts
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, for lining red- and golden-raspberry tart shells
- 3 Pate Sucree Tarts
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, for glazing red raspberries
- Creme Fraiche Filling
- 1 pint red raspberries
- 1 pint golden raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting golden raspberries
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, for lining blueberry tart shell and glazing blueberries
- 1 pint blueberries, picked over
Make red and white tarts: In a small bowl in the microwave or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, heat chocolate until it is just melted, about 1 1/2 minutes; stir until smooth. Using the back of a spoon, spread half the chocolate over bottom of each of 2 tart shells; refrigerate to set, at least 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat raspberry jam in a small saucepan with about 1 tablespoon water; strain into a small bowl.
Remove lined shells from refrigerator. Spread a third of the creme fraiche filling over bottom of each. Arrange red raspberries in rows in a single layer in one tart shell; brush berries with strained jam. Arrange another layer of rows on top; brush with jam. Set aside. Arrange golden raspberries in other shell, and dust with confectioners' sugar to completely coat. Set aside.
Make blue tart: Heat apricot jam in a small saucepan with about 1 tablespoon water; strain into a medium bowl. Using a pastry brush, thinly coat bottom of tart shell; let cool. Spread remaining creme fraiche filling on top.Toss blueberries with remaining jam; tumble into tart shell. Arrange on a serving tray or board.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July