Barbecued Chicken Pizza
Pick up a rotisserie chicken to make this crave-worthy sweet and savory pizza.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2005
- Olive oil, for baking sheet
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound store-bought frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1/2 cooked chicken, (about 1 1/4 pounds), shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet; set aside.
On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough to a 15-by-10-inch oval (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Leaving a 1-inch border, scatter chicken mixture evenly over dough; sprinkle with cheese, then zucchini and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.