Black Olive Relish
This relish can be made up to one day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 8 ounces oil-cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, combine shallot with vinegar; let stand 15 minutes. Add olives, thyme, and parsley, and stir in olive oil. Season with pepper, and serve.