This blend of lemon juice, herbs, and olive oil improves almost any ingredient, although it's especially effective with rich lamb. Truly versatile, this classic marinade adds a finishing touch when simmered into a sauce and then brushed on the meat before serving.
- Yield: Makes enough for 2 pounds lamb
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, plus 4 sprigs
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Whisk together garlic, shallots, rosemary, oregano, oil, and lemon juice in a medium nonreactive bowl. Use marinade immediately.
If desired, turn marinade into a finishing sauce: After removing meat, pour marinade into a nonreactive saucepan, and boil for 3 minutes. Brush on cooked meat just before serving.