Under 30 Minutes
Pea and Parsley Pesto with Linguine
- 2 cups frozen peas (from a 10-ounce bag)
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces linguine
Cook 1 cup peas according to package instructions. In a food processor, combine cooked peas, parsley, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, and 1 tablespoon water. Pulse until a paste forms. With machine running, slowly add oil, processing until blended; season with salt and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, adding 1 cup peas 30 seconds before end of cooking. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and peas. Return pasta and peas to pot; toss with 3/4 cup pesto (reserve remainder for another use), adding enough pasta water to create a sauce that coats pasta. Serve pasta with more Parmesan.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2010