Under 30 Minutes
Pasta with Arugula, White Beans, and Walnuts
Peppery baby arugula adds color and nutritional zip to this easy pasta dish.
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound baby arugula
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted if desired
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and set aside.
Place pasta pot over medium heat. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon butter; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add arugula to pot; toss just until wilted. Add beans, pasta, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss, adding enough reserved water to mixture to coat pasta. Garnish with walnuts.
SourceEveryday Food, April 2008