Smoked Salmon and Caper Tea Sandwich
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 8 slices pumpernickel or other black bread
- 1/4 pound sliced smoked salmon
Place cream cheese, red onion, and capers in a medium bowl, and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese mixture. Arrange salmon in a thin layer over the cream cheese; top with a second slice of bread, cream cheese side facing down. Trim crusts; cut sandwiches in half.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July/August 2000