Under 30 Minutes
West Coast Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Grilled pizzas topped with avocado, fresh spinach, and goat cheese are a California dream come true. Stretch the dough to whatever shape fits your grill most easily: round, oval, or even free form.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for shaping dough
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, fresh, or thawed if frozen
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 log (5 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bag (5 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
Heat grill to medium. Brush a large rimless baking sheet (or an inverted rimmed sheet) with 1 tablespoon oil. On a lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch dough to two 8-inch ovals or rounds. Transfer to prepared sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
Transfer dough to grill. Cook, without turning over, until undersides are firm and begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs and a large spatula, place crusts on baking sheet, grilled side up.
Scatter crusts with tomatoes, scallion whites, and cheese; season with salt and pepper, and slide back onto grill. Cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and cheese begins to melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, avocado, scallion greens, vinegar, and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Pile mixture onto pizzas; halve, and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, July 2007
Today's Most Pinned
Roasted Red Peppers With Anchovies and Olive Oil
Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna
Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks with Herb Dipping Sauce
Oatmeal Bars with Dates and Walnuts
Brown-Sugar Barbecue Chicken Drumettes
Best Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas