Quinoa Salad with Cucumber
Quinoa with parsley and cucumber forms a fresh take on tabbouleh.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Coarse salt
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring water, quinoa, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer until tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet, and let cool on a wire rack.
Combine shallot, vinegar, and red-pepper flakes in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until emulsified.
Transfer quinoa to a large bowl, and stir in cucumber, parsley, and vinaigrette. Season with salt.