Under 30 Minutes
A few minutes of prep and then fifteen minutes in the microwave is all it takes to cook this delicious stew of chicken, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved and thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 strips orange zest, cut 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
In a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine mushrooms, garlic, oil, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high, 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, orange zest, rosemary, cayenne, and chicken until combined. Cover; microwave on high until chicken is just cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove orange zest, and serve.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2006