Soba Noodle Salad with Chicken and Scallions
Soba is made from buckwheat, a gluten-free grain, so it's good for people with celiac disease. Some brands of soba also contain wheat -- check the ingredient list.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2009
- 3/4 pound gluten-free soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
In a large pot of boiling water, cook soba according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
Drain soba, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to bowl with soy mixture and toss. Add chicken, scallions, and cabbage and toss to combine.