Under 30 Minutes
Steak Salad with Spinach
Skirt steak is sold in a single long strip, and you'll likely have more than you'll need; cut the strip into single servings, wrap in plastic, and freeze for next time.
- 1 piece skirt steak (4 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 cups baby spinach (from a 5-ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts
Heat toaster-oven broiler (or oven broiler), with rack set 4 inches from heat. Season steak with salt and pepper; place on a broilerproof pan. Broil 4 to 6 minutes, without turning, for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Add spinach; toss to combine. Thinly slice steak crosswise. Place spinach, grapes, and steak on a serving plate. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.