Pappardelle with Caramelized Onions
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 9 ounces pappardelle or wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Caramelized Onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute.
Remove 1 1/2 cups pasta water from pot and add to skillet. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Cook, tossing occasionally, until liquid reduces to create a sauce that coats pasta, 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and toss. Serve pasta topped with parsley.