Under 30 Minutes
Beef and Mango Wraps
Bring out leftover or store-bought roast beef and wrap up dinner plans. The meat is rolled with mango, pepper, and onion for a light meal that tastes of the tropics; serve herbed black beans on the side.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 mango (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (10-inch)
- 4 cups loose spinach (about 5 ounces), trimmed, well washed and dried
- 1 pound cooked beef, very thinly sliced, room temperature
- Black-Bean Relish (below; optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add onion, bell pepper, and mango; toss to combine. Set aside.
Lay tortillas on a work surface; dividing evenly, line each with spinach, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Arrange beef slices down center of each wrap. Top beef with mango mixture and any juices from bowl.
Fold in two opposite sides, and roll up wraps tightly; cut in half.
For Black Bean Relish: In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped, one can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.