Watermelon Salad with Feta and Basil
Note: When cutting basil, stack a few basil leaves (of similar size). Roll into a tight cylinder; with a sharp knife, slice crosswise into thin strips.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2006
- 3 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon (rind removed), cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips (see note)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, broken into large pieces (about 1 cup)
In a large bowl, combine watermelon, lime juice, and half the basil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Divide among four plates; scatter cheese and remaining basil on top.