Cool Papaya Salsa
- Servings: 6
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 1 under ripe papaya, peeled and seeded
- 3 small thin carrots, peeled
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- 4 drops green Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
Cut papaya into 1/4-inch dice; place in a bowl. Thinly slice carrots crosswise. Add carrots and scallions to papaya; toss.
Using a sharp knife, remove peel and pith from 1 lime. Section lime, cutting each piece away from membrane; add to papaya mixture. Repeat with lemon. Squeeze juice from remaining lime into bowl. Add Tabasco, oil, salt, pepper, and mint; toss to combine. Serve.