Open-Faced Tuna Sandwich
Create this simple sandwich using pole-caught tuna. The Mediterranean take enhances the real tuna flavor without using mayo.
- Yield: Makes 2
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2009
- 1 can (6 ounces) American tuna
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers (rinsed and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 6 basil leaves
Combine tuna, capers, red onion, basil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture onto 2 slices crusty bread, and top each with 3 basil leaves.