Orange Cream-Cheese Frosting
Use this fluffy orange cream-cheese frosting recipe with our Carrot-Ginger Layer Cake.
- Yield: Makes 4 cups; frosts one 8-inch layer cake
Photography: Yossy Arefi
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 1999
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- Pinch kosher salt
Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add sugar, orange zest, and salt and beat for 5 minutes.