Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Use this great orange cream cheese frosting recipe when you make John Barricelli's Carrot Cake.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 bars (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- Pinch of salt
Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes more. Add sugar, orange zest, ginger, and salt, and beat for 5 minutes.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 1999