Pork, Apricot, and Red-Onion Kebabs
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July 2008
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 20 cubes (each 1 inch)
- 8 apricots (about 1 pound), pitted and quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into 2-inch wedges, layers separated
Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Soak four 12-inch wooden skewers in a shallow dish of water for 15 minutes (or use metal ones).
Make basting sauce: In a small saucepan, heat jam, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon water over medium-low until jam is liquefied; season with salt and pepper.
Onto each skewer, alternately thread 5 pieces of pork with 8 of apricot and 4 of onion, beginning and ending with pork. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally and brushing with basting sauce, until pork is cooked through and apricots begin to char, 12 to 14 minutes.