Pork, Apricot, and Red-Onion Kebabs
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), cut into 20 cubes (each 1 inch)
- 8 apricots (about 1 pound), pitted and quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into 2-inch wedges, layers separated
Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Soak four 12-inch wooden skewers in a shallow dish of water for 15 minutes (or use metal ones).
Make basting sauce: In a small saucepan, heat jam, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon water over medium-low until jam is liquefied; season with salt and pepper.
Onto each skewer, alternately thread 5 pieces of pork with 8 of apricot and 4 of onion, beginning and ending with pork. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally and brushing with basting sauce, until pork is cooked through and apricots begin to char, 12 to 14 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, July 2008