A fork is fastened to the pickle jar for easy spearing.
- Yield: Makes 16
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 4 Kirby cucumbers, washed, dried, and quartered lengthwise
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
Place cucumbers and tarragon in a jar.
Heat vinegar, sugar, red-pepper flakes, and salt in a saucepan, stirring, until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour into jar. Let cool completely, uncovered. Pickles are best refrigerated overnight (or up to 6 weeks) before serving.