Under 30 Minutes
Lamb Chops with Mustard-Herb Crust
If it's available, choose grass-fed lamb instead of grain-fed -- the flavor simply can't be beat.Adapted from "Emeril 20-40-60" (HarperStudio, 2009).
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 8 lamb chops (3 to 4 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, combine mustard and garlic. In a wide shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, rosemary, and dried herbs; whisk to combine. Pat lamb chops dry with a paper towel and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. With a basting brush, lightly coat lamb chops with mustard mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
In a large nonstick saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add half the lamb chops to pan and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining chops and oil. Let lamb chops rest 5 minutes before serving.