Lamb and White Beans with Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 loin lamb chops, (each about 6 ounces and 1 1/4 inches thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, (or 1 teaspoon dried), plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
In a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high. Season lamb generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in skillet; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side (lamb will finish cooking in step 4). Transfer chops to a plate (keep oil in skillet); loosely cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
To skillet, add onion, garlic, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low; cook until mixture is slightly thickened and saucy, 4 to 6 minutes.
Place chops on top of beans in skillet (adding any juices that have accumulated on plate). Cover skillet, and simmer until meat is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve chops with beans, and garnish with rosemary, if desired.