When kids make their own tortilla chips, they get to pick the flavor and shape. Once they're baked, package in snack-size bags.
- Yield: Makes about 8 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and spices in a small bowl. Brush tortillas with butter mixture; sprinkle with cheese and salt. Cut into shapes with a knife or cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet; bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool before serving.