The fat in these patties, unlike the kind in beef burgers, is largely plant-based and unsaturated ("good") fat.
- 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled soybeans, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, for serving
Put toasted sesame seeds, rice, soybeans, flour, salt, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and the eggs into a large bowl; season with pepper. Using your hands, gently combine mixture. Shape into 4 patties.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, flipping once, until beginning to brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Stir remaining teaspoon soy sauce with mayonnaise. Serve patties on buns with lettuce and mayonnaise mixture.