Asian Chicken and Chili Soup
This nutritious soup uses poached chicken and Asian sauces for an extra kick.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 red bell peppers, (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Asian hot chili sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) diced poached chicken
- 1 bunch (6 ounces) watercress, large stems trimmed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
In a 3-quart saucepan, bring broth, bell peppers, soy sauce, and chili sauce to a simmer; cook until peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
Add chicken and watercress; cook 1 minute. Ladle into bowls, and top with scallions.