Fresh-Herb Deviled Eggs
- 12 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chervil plus sprigs for garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Put eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring gently as water begins to boil, 2 minutes. Cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 6 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool.
Peel eggs; halve lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks; set whites aside. Using the back of a spoon, push yolks through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl.
Stir mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, parsley, chives, tarragon, dill, and chervil into yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a pastry tip with at least a 1/4-inch opening. Pipe mixture into whites, filling to 1/2 inch over surface. Garnish with chervil sprigs. Eggs can be refrigerated in airtight containers up to 3 hours.