Armenian rice pilaf is a perfect rice side dish for any number of dishes.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2009
- 1/3 cup broken pieces egg vermicelli
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 cups basmati or other long-grain white rice
- 4 1/2 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
Toast pasta in a medium saucepan over medium heat until deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add butter, and let melt. Add rice, and stir in stock and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer, covered, until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 16 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.