Fettuccine with Lemon, Mint, and Parmesan
The throw-everything-in-a-bowl simplicity of this light, satisfying, no-cook pasta sauce belies its complex flavors, including Parmigiano-Reggiano, lemon, mint, olive oil, and red-pepper flakes.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2008
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- Coarse salt
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (1 cup), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons julienned lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Crushed red-pepper flakes, optional
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and mix in reserved cooking liquid, cheese, lemon zest and juice, mint, oil, and red-pepper flakes, if desired. Divide among dishes, garnish with cheese, and serve immediately.